Monday, October 1, 2012

That Taylor Swift knew what she was talking about...

I can only think of one thing that is more annoying than pre-op tests......"day before surgery" pre-op preparations. Then again...maybe they're equally annoying.

Now, I've already done this once or twice...hence would probably not need the checklist, but that didn't stop the doc from shoving a preparation DVD into my purse before I left her office last week.   I did go home and watch the DVD, and I will admit that it was very informative, however,  I couldn't help but feel....been there, done that, bought the souvenier. Still, I'm glad I watched it...mostly because, I knew my doc would ask me, and let's face it...she's about to cut me open, so the last thing I want to do is get on her bad side!

She instructed me to drink a ton of Gatorade today, as well as 8 ounces of Magnesium Citrate...to clean out my system. Done...and done!

Let's bottom line this....tomorrow sucks!  I am not thrilled by what I have to do, but know that I am doing the right thing for me, and that brings me comfort. I am pryaing for a successful procedure, and a speedy recovery. My life will surely be different from here on out, but I am relying on God to make this a smooth transition for me.

By this time tomorrow, these "decisions" that have haunted me for 2 years will be history...and as far as my ovaries go...well I think Taylor Swift said it best....after tomorrow..."We are never ever ever getting back together..like ever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment